head

Press the Button

Just about Music and Entertainment

Privacy Policy

Search This Blog

Ads

pressdbutton. Powered by Blogger.

Sunday 20 August 2017

QUAVO & TAKE OFF BORROW LINES FROM OFFSET LYRICS ON GUCCI MANE'S NEW SINGLE "I GET THE BAG"


Gucci Mane just announced a forthcoming album titled Mr. Davis and gave fans the first taste of it with his new single “I Get The Bag.” The track features Migos (minus Offset), and is produced by Metro Boomin. While Offset doesn’t appear on the song, fans may recognize some of his bars, which Takeoff and Quavo borrow from the 2017 Culture singles Slippery and   Bad and Boujee.”
On the chorus, Quavo raps about his life as a famous rapper:
In Italy, got two foreign hoes, they DM me (brrr!)
Drop the top (drop top)
When it’s cold but you feel the heat (skrrt)

His flow and lyrics mirror Offset’s lines on “Slippery”:
In Italy, bought her a fur, look like the wildebeest (rarr)
Just chill with me (chill)
It is no worry, it is a bill to me (it ain’t nothin')

On the first verse, Takeoff drops a punchline about getting out of his Porsche 911 Coupe:
Hop out the frog and leap (leap!)

The line mirrors an Offset lyric on “Bad and Boujee:
Hop in the frog, whoo (skrt)

Later on, Gucci brags that he has a personal driver and more money than JAY-Z:
I put in the key and I ride the beat
I won’t even come out the house for free
I pay a nigga to drive for me
Jay-Z couldn’t even co-sign for me

“I Get The Bag” is the first single from the aforementioned Mr. Davis, which drops on September 15. The album is set to feature MonicaChris BrownRico Love, and ScHoolboy Q. Gucci’s last project was Droptopwop from earlier this year, which features the Offset-assisted “Met Gala.”


Read the lyrics to "I get the bag" on PressdButton 

No comments:

Post a Comment